How to Install the Universal Anti-Spam Plugin by CleanTalk
Universal Anti-Spam plugin can be installed on any custom websites, CMS and Frameworks. If you don't have programming experience to add our API on a website it will be a better way to protect your website from spam with CleanTalk. Invisible to the visitors, spam protection has a positive effect on the loyalty of the site's audience.
Read more about all CleanTalk anti-spam features.
1. Make backup copies of your website files and database.
2. Download (the link is at the top of this page) and unzip the "cleantalk" folder into your websites' ROOT folder.
3. Proceed to address (your_website_name/cleantalk/install.php):
4. Enter your Access key and click the button "Install" to continue with the installation or enter your e-mail to register a CleanTalk profile and continue with the installation.
Also, you can register a CleanTalk profile manually by simply clicking the button "Don't have an account? Create here!".
Universal Anti-Spam plugin will write protection code to index.php file by default. If your contact or registration forms are located in different files/scripts, list them in the "Advanced configuration" section separated by commas. Also, you can set an additional password to the plugin settings.
At the end of the successful installation, you will see this message
5. You can test any form on your website by using special e-mail email@example.com. Every submits with this email will be blocked. There is an example of site registration interface on the image.
How to Add Website to Cleantalk Anti-Spam Dashboard
Please, use this guide to add website to CleanTalk Anti-Spam Dashboard: https://cleantalk.org/help/add-website
Сongratulations! The setup is complete!
Notice: To enter the plugin settings go to (your_website_name/cleantalk/settings.php). Here you can manage the plugin options, see statistics and uninstall the plugin.
Please go to your Dashboard to see your anti-spam status, add new websites or manage existing ones!