How to Update the CleanTalk Anti-Spam Plugin in myBB
1. Make backup copies of your forum files and database.
2. Go to myBB Administrator Panel —> Configuration —> Plugins —> Antispam by CleanTalk —> Uninstall:
3. Log into your hosting account, locate the folder of your myBB forum and go here: <myBB-root-folder>/inc/plugins/
Then delete these CleanTalk files:
4. Download the plugin archive. The link is at the top of this page or use the link given to you specifically.
5. Unzip the content of the archive to <myBB-root-folder>/inc/plugins/
6. Go to myBB Administrator Panel —> Configuration —> Plugins.
In the "Inactive plugins" table find the row with CleanTalk and press "Install & Activate":
7. Go to the tab Configuration —> Settings —> Change Settings —> Antispam by CleanTalk:
8. Copy the access key from your CleanTalk Control Panel and paste it into the "Access key" field, set up the modification and press the button "Save Settings".
Do a test registration or post a test comment using this blacklisted e-mail [ firstname.lastname@example.org ].
>>> Do not perform any tests being logged in as an administrator.
Congratulations! You successfully updated the anti-spam plugin!
Please go to Dashboard to see the anti-spam status, add new websites or manage existing ones!
Please check your e-mail to get account password.