How to Update the CleanTalk Anti-Spam Plugin in myBB
1. Make backup copies of your forum files and database.
2. Go to myBB Administrator Panel —> Configuration —> Plugins —> Anti-Spam by CleanTalk —> Uninstall:
3. Log into your hosting account, locate the folder of your myBB forum and go here: <myBB-root-folder>/inc/plugins/
Then delete these CleanTalk files:
4. Download the plugin archive. The link is at the top of this page or use the link given to you specifically.
5. Unzip the content of the archive to <myBB-root-folder>/inc/plugins/
6. Go to myBB Administrator Panel —> Configuration —> Plugins.
In the "Inactive plugins" table find the row with CleanTalk and press "Install & Activate":
7. Go to the tab Configuration —> Settings —> Change Settings —> Anti-Spam by CleanTalk:
8. Copy the Access key from your CleanTalk Dashboard and paste it into the "Access key" field, set up the modification, and press the button "Save Settings".
Do a test registration or post a test comment using this blacklisted email address [ firstname.lastname@example.org ].
>>> Do not perform any tests being logged in as an administrator.
Congratulations! You successfully updated the Anti-Spam plugin!
Please go to Dashboard to see the Anti-Spam status, add new websites or manage existing ones!
Please check your inbox to get your account password.
If you haven't found the answer to your question, please, contact our support team: