How to install the CleanTalk Anti-Spam Plugin in WordPress
Anti-Spam plugin for WordPress features
- Keep antispam logs for 45 days
- Blocking visitors by country
- Blocking by stop-words
- Blocking by language
- Custom server response
- Form Validation Notice
- Additional email address for notifications about spam events
- Delegating access to the CleanTalk Control Panel
- Anti-Spam Event Log
- Checking email for existence
- Filtering disposable emails
- Notifications about filtering events on the site
- Personal black and white lists for Anti-Spam service
- Check existing users and comments for spam
- Manage spam comments
- Disabling comments for a site-wide
- New comment notifications for WordPress groups
- Protection of contact forms, registration forms, comments
- Spam Scanner for bbPress
- WooCommerce Protection
- Plugin work without cookies usage
- Stats widget in WordPress dashboard
- GDPR notification management
- Storing visited URLs
- Pages and roles exclusions
- Personal SpamFireWall Black & White Lists
- SpamFireWall Anti-Flood and Anti-Crawler features
- Filtering Anti-Crawler feature by User-Agent
Video guide — Anti-Spam Plugin Installation in WordPress:
1. In the WordPress Admin Panel go to the "Plugins" section and press the button "Add New".
2. Find the plugin "Spam Protection by CleanTalk" by typing the keyword "cleantalk". Press the button "Install Now" near the plugin's name.
3. After the process of installation press "Activate".
In the "Plugins" section find the installed plugin "Spam Protection by CleanTalk" and press the string "Activate" under its name.
4. Go to "Settings —> Anti-Spam by CleanTalk":
In the "Plugins" section find the installed plugin "Spam Protection by CleanTalk" and press the string "Settings" under its name.
Hover your mouse pointer over the CleanTalk Panel on the top of the page and click the line "Settings".
Copy the access key from your CleanTalk Control Panel and paste it in the "Access key" field, turn on the options of the plugin and press the button "Save Changes".
Do a test registration or post a test comment using the blacklisted e-mail email@example.com.
>>> Do not perform any tests being logged in as an administrator.
To test if SpamFireWall is working just add /?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 to your site name. Example www.yoursitename.domain/?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 (you must see blocking screen)
Attention! You should test SFW with incognito mode switched on. To enable incognito mode press Ctrl+Shift+N for Chrome, Opera и Safari browsers; press Ctrl+Shift+P for Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
How to Add Website to CleanTalk Anti-Spam Dashboard
Please, use this guide to add website to CleanTalk Anti-Spam Dashboard: https://cleantalk.org/help/add-website
Congratulations. The Anti-Spam is installed!