How to install the CleanTalk Anti-Spam Extension in phpBB 3.1, 3.2
1. Make backup copies of your forum files and database.
2. Go to phpBB Administrator Panel —> CUSTOMISE. Click the link "Browse extensions database".
3. Go to the Extensions —> Anti-Spam section, find the extension "Anti-Spam by CleanTalk" and click on its name.
4. Download the archive with the anti-spam extension.
5. Place the downloaded archive in "<phpBB-root-folder>/ext". Unzip the content of the archive in that folder. As the result you will get a new folder with the anti-spam extension "<phpBB-root-folder>/ext/cleantalk".
6. Go back to the tab CUSTOMISE, refresh the page. In the "Disabled Extensions" table the extension "Antispam by CleanTalk" will appear. Click the string "Enable".
7. Confirm enabling of the extension on the next page.
8. Refresh the page after successful enabling.
9. Go to the tab EXTENSIONS. In "ANTI-SPAM BY CLEANTALK —> Spam protection settings" section set up the extension, copy the access key from your CleanTalk Control Panel and paste it in the "Access key" field. Then press the button "Submit".
Do a test registration or post a test comment using the blacklisted e-mail email@example.com.
To test if SpamFireWall is working just add /?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 to yorsite name. Example
www.yoursitename.domain/?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 (you must see blocking screen)
>>> Do not perform any tests being logged in as an administrator. <<<
Congratulations. Anti-spam is installed!