CleanTalk provides lists of spam active IP & Email addresses which were seen by the service in spamming on the websites, and lists of domains that are promoted using spam. Often, many spam bots send out messages disguised as normal and can be very difficult to define what spam is. You can check the IP/email of questionable users in our lists to find out their spam activity.
Check IP and email for spam activity
Spam active IP can participate not only in spamming but also to participate in other types of attacks, such as fraud, DoS, DDoS, SQL and PHP injections, etc. and email addresses can be used to send spam via e-mail.
- This will be useful in the definition of spam in messages if the text messages there is a link with the domain from the list, then with high probability this message is spam.
- Also you can check your domain to make sure that it is not moving with the use of black SEO. Some SEO companies may use black SEO to promote the site and place links using spam. As a result, you will receive a report about the presence of thousands of links, but then you can lose credibility and get penalties from search engines.
- When you buying a domain will also be useful to check the history and reputation of the domain. It is quite possible that before the sale of the domain, the domain was promoted by placing links in spam comments.
Methods that can be used when working with CleanTalk
- Plugins and modules for automatic spam protection for the most popular CMS help invisibly prevent spam attacks. Including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- API - for automatic checking, we offer a few simple API methods with code samples. This method allows using data encryption.
- We can also provide daily updates of the Offline Blacklist Database. CleanTalk receives information about spam attacks from 40-60 thousands of IP addresses per day. Write us to learn more details and price. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the database work?
Blacklisted IP, Email, Domain addresses are generated automatically based on spam activity of a sender on the Internet. The database records are added in two ways:
- If automoderator sites has ruled that a particular sender/registration is a spammer, then its IP, email, as well as all of the domains in its message are entered into the database. Each record is assigned 1 point.
- If on manual moderation message/registration the site moderator removed the publication (deleted the account), then each record of IP, email and sender domains included in the database is assigned 1 point.
After reaching 3 points (on 3 different sites sender activity was calculated as spam), the sender is automatically entered in the blacklist.
Removal from blacklists is also automatic, by reducing the number of points to 2 or less, or when no spam activity is recorded over 45 days.
To protect your site from spam bots you can use one of anti-spam plugins CleanTalk.
How Is It Helpful for Hosting Companies
Hosting companies monitor their clients' website activity for the purpose of preventing of spam mailing, but not all hostings keep an eye on spam that goes towards other websites in form of spam comments, spam posts and spam contact form data. If other websites are being spammed there are two reasons why this is happening:
- Server was bought by spammers for spam activity.
- Client's website or server have malicious software that send spam.
It's rather difficult to discover this sort of behavior as you have to monitor all incoming POST and GET requests from the website or server and investigate them to understand whether it is a spam or the result of work of a web application.
What's the easiest way to discover spam activity of a website or a server? Check IP addresses via Black Lists.
How Is It Helpful for Email Marketing Services
Clients give the lists of emails of their website subscribers but some of them are spammers. At the same time spammers often use email databases of real clients or non-existent emails. A company that didn't check emails from such list risks that its IP could be blacklisted or the letters would considered as spam. But it is possible to check email lists via the CleanTalk Database and if some emails have spam activity that means that most likely a subscriber was a spammer and such emails should be deleted.
Check IP address or email address via CleanTalk DataBase for spam activity or if they have been blacklisted. It will be helpful to prevent malicious activity and fraud.