CleanTalk anti-spam set up on Joomla 3.x-4.x
1. Make a backup of the site files and database!
2. Download the installation package.
3. In the main Joomla menu open Extensions -> Manage -> Install.
4. On the Upload Package File tab browse for the installation package.
5. After install, you will see a successful message:
6. Go to plugin settings: Extensions -> Plugins -> Anti-spam by CleanTalk. Enable the plugin and save settings.
7. In plugin settings press "Get access key automatically" button. Admin email will be used for registration. If you want to use another address click the button "Get access key manually". Fill in the easy registration form and you will receive your key.
8. Enter key in its field, choose protection options and save settings.
9. Test protection by test email firstname.lastname@example.org. Write a comment, registration or contact message with this email. You should see the plugin respond, like in the screenshot.
To test if SpamFireWall is working just add /?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 to your site name. Example www.yoursitename.domain/?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 (you must see blocking screen)
Attention! You should test SFW with incognito mode switched on. To enable incognito mode press Ctrl+Shift+N for Chrome, Opera и Safari browsers; press Ctrl+Shift+P for Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Exclusions for some pages of sites
Open the file "custom_config.php" from directory /plugins/system/antispambycleantalk There are lines:
Exclusion for URL:
// Exclude urls from spam_check. List them separated by commas
private $cleantalk_url_exclusions = '';
Exclusion for fields:
//Excludes fields from filtering. List them separated by commas
private $cleantalk_fields_exclusions = '';
For example: If you need to except these URLs:
You should add this:
private $cleantalk_url_exclusions = 'some';
Make note, that you can add multiple URLs separated by commas:
private $cleantalk_url_exclusions = 'Url1','Url2','Url3';
Congratulations. Anti-spam is installed!