CleanTalk Anti-Spam Setup on Joomla 3.x-4.x
Anti-Spam Extension for Joomla3.x-4.x Features
- Keep Anti-Spam logs for 45 days
- Blocking visitors by country
- Blocking by Stop-Words
- Blocking by language
- Custom server response
- Form Validation Notice
- Additional email address for notifications about spam events
- Delegating access to the CleanTalk Dashboard
- Anti-Spam Event Log
- Checking email for existence
- Filtering disposable emails
- Notifications about filtering events on the site
- Personal black and white lists for the Anti-Spam service
- Check existing users and comments for spam
- Manage spam comments
- Protection of contact forms, registration forms, comments
- RSForms Protection
- JComments Protection
- Plugin work without cookies usage
- Personal SpamFireWall Black & White Lists
Go to your Anti-Spam Dashboard
1. Make a backup of the site files and database!
2. Download the extension archive.
3. In the main Joomla menu open Extensions → Manage → Install.
4. Click the "Browse for file" button to upload the archive.
5. After installation you will see the success message:
6. Go to plugin settings: Extensions → Plugins → Anti-Spam by CleanTalk. Enable the plugin and save settings.
7. In plugin settings press the Get access key automatically button. Admin email address will be used for registration. If you want to use another address click the button Get access key manually. Fill in the easy registration form and you will receive your key.
8. Enter your Access key in its field, choose protection options and save settings.
9. Test protection with this email address email@example.com. Write a comment, registration, or contact message with this email. You should see the plugin respond, like in the screenshot.
To test if SpamFireWall is working just add /?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 to your site name. Example www.yoursitename.domain/?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 (you must see blocking screen)
Attention! You should test SFW with incognito mode switched on. To enable incognito mode press Ctrl+Shift+N for Chrome, Opera, and Safari browsers; press Ctrl+Shift+P for Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Updating Joomla from version 3.x to 4.x
If you are updating Joomla from version 3.x to 4.x, please uninstall the Anti-Spam plugin before updating!
How to Add a Website to CleanTalk Anti-Spam Dashboard
Please, use this guide to add a website to CleanTalk Anti-Spam Dashboard: https://cleantalk.org/help/add-website
Congratulations. The Anti-Spam is installed!
If you haven't found the answer to your question, please, contact our support team: