Installation of the CleanTalk Anti-Spam Extension in Magento 2.x
Installation from Magento Marketplace
Waiting for the extension to be added to the catalog.
1. Make backup copies of your website files and database.
2. Download the archive with the anti-spam extension (the link is at the beginning of this page).
3. Place the folder "Cleantalk" and the file "README.md" from the downloaded archive to "/app/code". If you didn't find "code" folder then create it.
The paths must be:
4. Using any text editor open the file "/app/etc/config.php" and add the line 'Cleantalk_Antispam' => 1 to the list.
In some cases to apply settings you may need to run php bin/magento setup:upgrade and then php bin/magento cache:flush in your webserver's console. Do it if you experience some issues.
5. Go to Magento Administrator Panel —> STORES —> Configuration.
6. Then go to GENERAL —> General —> CleanTalk Anti-Spam, choose "Yes" in CleanTalk Enabled. Setup the extension, copy the access key from your CleanTalk Control Panel and paste it in the "Access Key" field. Then press the button "Save Config".
Do a test registration or submit a contact form using the blacklisted e-mail email@example.com.
>>> Do not perform any tests being logged in as an administrator.
How to Add Website to Cleantalk Anti-Spam Dashboard
Please, use this guide to add website to CleanTalk Anti-Spam Dashboard: https://cleantalk.org/help/add-website
Congratulations. The Anti-Spam is installed!