How to Install the CleanTalk Anti-Spam Extension in phpBB 3.1, 3.2, 3.3
1. Make backup copies of your forum files and database.
2. Go to phpBB Administrator Panel —> CUSTOMISE. Click the link "Browse extensions database".
3. Go to the Extensions —> Anti-Spam section, find the extension "Anti-Spam by CleanTalk" and click on its name.
4. Download the archive with the anti-spam extension.
5. Place the downloaded archive in "/ext". Unzip the content of the archive in that folder. As the result you will get a new folder with the anti-spam extension "/ext/cleantalk".
6. Go back to the tab CUSTOMISE, refresh the page. In the "Disabled Extensions" table the extension "Antispam by CleanTalk" will appear. Click the string "Enable".
7. Confirm enabling of the extension on the next page.
8. Refresh the page after successful enabling.
9. Go to the tab EXTENSIONS. In "ANTI-SPAM BY CLEANTALK —> Spam protection settings" section set up the extension, copy the access key from your CleanTalk Control Panel and paste it in the "Access key" field. Then press the button "Submit".
Do a test registration or post a test comment using the blacklisted e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To test if SpamFireWall is working just add /?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 to your site name. Example
www.yoursitename.domain/?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 (you must see blocking screen)
Attention! You should test SFW with incognito mode switched on. To enable incognito mode press Ctrl+Shift+N for Chrome, Opera и Safari browsers; press Ctrl+Shift+P for Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
How to Add Website to Cleantalk Anti-Spam Dashboard
Please, use this guide to add website to CleanTalk Anti-Spam Dashboard: https://cleantalk.org/help/add-website
Congratulations. The Anti-Spam is now installed!