Cleantalk FAQ - Service Setup
Sure, send us an email request firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the hosting service there must be installed PHP 5, and outbound requests to the Internet on port TCP/80 must be allowed. It is desirable that the CURL extension for PHP was enabled.
Depending on your needs we offer 3 versions of WPMS packages:
1. Separate access keys for each website. This package suits you if you want to have separate anti-spam statistics, black lists and options for each website.
1.1. Choose a tariff which corresponds to your number of websites in WPMS. Register to the service. Buy the licence and add all websites to your CleanTalk Control Panel. Then you have to put each access key in each installed plugin for every website or give them to the webmasters and they will put the keys themselves. This method is convenient for those who don’t have many websites and you want to give your clients a free anti-spam service. Furthermore, you can grant access to the added websites’ settings for your users in your CleanTalk profile using the feature “Delegation”.
1.2. Let your users make payments for the anti-spam licence. It is necessary for you to create an account and choose an appropriate tariff. This method is convenient for those who want their users to make payments for the licence, to have their own anti-spam statistics, black lists and website settings.
2. One access key for all WPMS websites.
You can use the same access key for all websites. In this case anti-spam statistics, black lists and your CleanTalk settings will be identical for all websites. Register to the service and choose a one website package. Copy the access key and put it in each CleanTalk plugin in each website.
3. Hosting package.
The most convenient method. In this case anti-spam service works using IP-address. By adding your IP-address to your CleanTalk Control Panel you protect all your websites where you have installed and activated the anti-spam plugin without using any access key. To setup your Hosting Package register to the service, go to your Control Panel and switch to the Hosting Dashboard. Follow the instruction and add your IP-address. Then install and activate the anti-spam plugin on each website. As the result anti-spam statistics, black lists and website settings will be the same for all websites.
If it is necessary for you to have separate anti-spam statistics, black lists and website settings then your users have to get their own access key. They have to create their CleanTalk accounts and get the keys. No additional payments are required.
You can see the pricing here.
It allows you to quickly set up protection from spam for hundreds of websites on one or more servers. Access to the service is being provided by IP address allowing our customers to use the service without any access keys.
How to set up the CleanTalk Hosting Package:
• Register to the service
• Go to the CleanTalk Hosting Dashboard
• Add your server’s IP address
• After adding IP address in your Hosting Dashboard, install the CleanTalk plugins on each website.
How the protection works for the CleanTalk Hosting Package:
- A visitor writes a comment or registers.
- The CleanTalk plugin sends action parameters to the CleanTalk Cloud.
- The Service checks server’s IP address.
- If IP address has been added to the service then CleanTalk will analyze the visitor’s parameters.
- If it is a real visitor, the comment will be published. If it’s a spambot, then CleanTalk blocks its comment or registration.
The following features are NOT available for the Hosting Package:
• Anti-Spam Log. Read more here
• Weekly detailed reports
• Service settings. Read more here
• Personal black&white lists. Read more here
If it is necessary for you to have separate anti-spam statistics, blacklists and website settings then your users have to get their own access key. They have to create their CleanTalk accounts and get the keys. No additional payments are required.
Also, you can use Unlimited Anti-Spam Package with all features.