CleanTalk FAQ - Service Setup
You can use Hosting Anti-Spam license or Unlimited Anti-Spam package. If these options do not suit you, or if you need a more efficient spam_check API package, you can write to us by firstname.lastname@example.org
On the hosting service, there must be installed PHP 5, and outbound requests to the Internet on port TCP/80 must be allowed. It is desirable that the CURL extension for PHP was enabled.
If you have several websites and domains you have to use a separate access key for each website/domain.
If you have one website with several domains for it you can use one access key.
If your website has subdomains you can use the same key for domain and all subdomains.
Depending on your needs we offer 2 versions of WPMS packages:
1. Separate access keys for each website. This package suits you if you want to have separate anti-spam statistics, blacklists and options for each website.
1.1. Choose a package which corresponds to your number of websites in WPMS. Register to the service. Buy the licence and add all websites to your CleanTalk Control Panel. Then you have to put each access key in each installed plugin for every website or give them to the webmasters and they will put the keys themselves. This method is convenient for those who don’t have many websites and you want to give your clients a free anti-spam service. Furthermore, you can grant access to the added websites’ settings for your users in your CleanTalk profile using the feature “Delegation”.
1.2. Let your users make payments for the anti-spam licence. It is necessary for you to create an account and choose an appropriate package. This method is convenient for those who want their users to make payments for the licence, to have their own anti-spam statistics, black lists and website settings.
2. One access key for all WPMS websites.
You can use the same access key for all websites. In this case anti-spam statistics, blacklists and your CleanTalk settings will be identical for all websites. Register to the service and choose a one website package. Copy the access key and put it in each CleanTalk plugin in each website.
How to add websites to your account
Register to the service. Go to your CleanTalk Dashboard and add all websites. Each website will have a personal access key. Then you have to put each access key in each installed plugin for every website or give them to the webmasters and they will put the keys themselves.
You can grant access to the added websites’ settings for your users in your CleanTalk profile using the feature “Delegation”. Please, use our guide Website Delegation to Other Users.
If you have WordPress MultiSite you can use White Label Option. It allows you to add all websites to CleanTalk Dashboard automatically and all websites will have a personal access key. Please, use our guide White Label Option in the CleanTalk Plugin.
It allows you to quickly set up protection from spam for hundreds of websites on one or more servers. Access to the service is being provided by IP address allowing our customers to use the service without any access keys.
How to set up the CleanTalk Hosting Package:
• Register to the service
• Go to the CleanTalk Hosting Dashboard
• Add your server’s IP address
• After adding IP address in your Hosting Dashboard, install the CleanTalk plugins on each website.
How the protection works for the CleanTalk Hosting Package:
- A visitor writes a comment or registers.
- The CleanTalk plugin sends action parameters to the CleanTalk Cloud.
- The Service checks server’s IP address.
- If IP address has been added to the service then CleanTalk will analyze the visitor’s parameters.
- If it is a real visitor, the comment will be published. If it’s a spambot, then CleanTalk blocks its comment or registration.
The following features are NOT available for the Hosting Package:
• Anti-Spam Log. Read more here
• Weekly detailed reports
• Service settings. Read more here
• Personal black&white lists. Read more here
If it is necessary for you to have separate anti-spam statistics, blacklists and website settings then your users have to get their own access key. They have to create their CleanTalk accounts and get the keys. No additional payments are required.
Also, you can use Unlimited Anti-Spam Package with all features.
Yes, sure. Please send a request, we will try to connect your website as soon as possible.
If after installing there are no settings in ACP then most likely AutoMOD didn't have rights for changing forum files. You can fix this by installing the module by FTP.
- Do a full backup of database and forum files.
- In menu "AutoMOD settings" set mode "Archive file download".
- Deinstall "Cleantalk. Spam protect" in AutoMOD.
- Install "Cleantalk. Spam protect" in AutoMOD.
- After finish AutoMOD will give "Cleantalk._Spam_protect.zip" archive.
- There will be changed files phpBB3 and CleanTalk libraries in this archive. Unpack archive by any FTP-client in the phpBB3 root folder.
- Set up and test plugin with this guide.