How to Install the CleanTalk Anti-Spam Plugin in Joomla 1.5
1. Make a backup of the site files and database!
2. Download the plugin.
3. Select archive with plugin and run installation in the menu Extensions -> Install / Uninstall
4. Get an account
and service Access key.
5. In the plugin settings, enter the access key and activate the plugin. Extensions -> Plugin Manager -> Anti-spam by CleanTalk -> Access Key.
If you have installed JComments please look for instructions below, otherwise go to tests.
6. Turn on JComments (1) in required categories and turn up (2) notify messages for new comments on the site. Components -> JComments -> Settings -> General
7. In the Jcomments settings enable automatic publication and disable CAPTCHA for comments. Components -> JComments -> Settings -> Permissions
8. Enable notices for new comments: Components -> JComments -> Settings -> General
9. Write a message on any article which includes JComments. To test the plugin use firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Add Website to Cleantalk Anti-Spam Dashboard
Please, use this guide to add website to CleanTalk Anti-Spam Dashboard: https://cleantalk.org/help/add-website
Congratulations. Anti-spam is installed!
Please go to Dashboard to see the anti-spam status, add new websites or manage existing ones!
Please check your email to get account password.