How to Install the Security & Malware Scan by CleanTalk
CleanTalk WordPress Security features
- Brute-force Protection
- Website Firewall
- Country Blocking
- Login Attempts and Password Searching Log
- User Actions Log (Audit)
- Security Reports
- CleanTalk Database of Dangerous IP Addresses
- Notifications of administrator users authorizations
- Real-time traffic monitor
- Malware Scanner
- Web Application FireWall
- Quarantine Option
- Backend PHP logs
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Malware Auto-Cure
1. In the WordPress Admin Panel go to the "Plugins" section and press the button "Add New".
2. Find the plugin "Security & Malware Scan by CleanTalk" by typing the keyword "cleantalk". Press the button "Install Now" near the plugin's name.
3. After the process of installation press the button "Activate" on the same page.
In the "Plugins" section find the installed plugin "Security by CleanTalk" and press the string "Activate" under its name.
4. Go to "Settings —> Security by CleanTalk".
In the "Plugins" section find the installed plugin "Security by CleanTalk" and press the string "Settings" under its name.
Click the line "Show access key", copy the access key from your CleanTalk Control Panel and paste it in the "Access key" field, set up the plugin if necessary and press the button "Save Changes".
You can test if Security FireWall is working.
Add this string "/?spbct_test=MD5-OF-YOUR-ACCESS-KEY&spbct_test_ip=10.10.10.10" to your website address. You have to modify it for your own access key.
- Your access key is 1234.
- Calculate MD5 hash of your key here: https://www.tools4noobs.com/online_php_functions/md5/
- It would be 81dc9bdb52d04dc20036dbd8313ed055 for the "1234" key.
- Now modify the link to the security block screen. It will look like this:
The same thing could be done in your CleanTalk Control Panel:
- Go to your Security Dashboard: https://cleantalk.org/my?cp_mode=security
- Click the link "Settings" under the name of your website.
- Then click the link "Testing Security FireWall".
How to Add Website to CleanTalk Security Dashboard
Please use this guide to add website to CleanTalk Security Dashboard: https://cleantalk.org/help/add-website
Congratulations. The CleanTalk Security Plugin is installed!