SpamFireWall and Anti-Spam — Network Blocking
To block specific network with SpamFireWall you should do the following:
1. Go to "Blacklist" of the service
2. Choose the service
1. AntiSpam (default) - will blocks users from selected IP or network from using contacts/messages/registrations/comments forms.
2. SpamFireWall - will blocks users from selected IP or network from entering the website.
3. Block an entire subnet 22.214.171.124/16, a separate IP address or country
Press the button "Add new filter" -> choose "IP network" -> simply type any IP address (field 1) and press the button "Blacklist" to add it to your Blacklist.
126.96.36.199 - IP address,
/16 - subnet mask
If you don't know how it works simply put numbers for mask divisible by 8:
- 188.8.131.52/8 - all IP addresses starting from 1.n.n.n (from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11) will be blocked.
- 18.104.22.168/16 - all IP addresses starting from 1.2.n.n (from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199) will be blocked.
- 188.8.131.52/24 - all IP addresses starting from 1.2.3.n (from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11) will be blocked.
To block an entire Country press the button "Add new filter" -> choose "Country" -> select a country in the opened list-> press the button "Blacklist" to add it to your Blacklist.
4. Make sure that newly appeared entry has in the column "Service" value "SpamFireWall" or "AntiSpam"
5. Go to the plugin settings in your website dashboard and save settings
It is essential to changes take effect even if you haven't change the settings. If you don't do this, changes will take effect only in 24 hours.
To test if SpamFireWall is working just add /?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 to yorsite name. Example
www.yoursitename.domain/?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 (you must see blocking screen)