SpamFireWall and AntiSpam - Networks Blocking
To block specific network with SpamFireWall you should do the following:
1. Go to "Blacklist" of the service
2. Choose the service
AntiSpam (default) - will blocks users from selected IP or network from using contacts/messages/registrations/comments forms.
SpamFireWall - will blocks users from selected IP or network from entering the website.
3. Block an entire subnet 184.108.40.206/16 or a separate IP address
Simply type any IP address (field 1) and press green or red button (buttons 2) to add it to your black or white list.
220.127.116.11 - IP address,
/16 - subnet mask
If you don't know how it works simply put numbers for mask divisible by 8:
- 18.104.22.168/8 - all IP addresses starting from 1.n.n.n (from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199) will be blocked.
- 188.8.131.52/16 - all IP addresses starting from 1.2.n.n (form 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11) will be blocked.
- 18.104.22.168/24 - all IP addresses starting from 1.2.3.n (from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199) will be blocked.
4. Make sure that newly appeared entry has in the column "Service" value "SpamFireWall" or "AntiSpam"
5. Go to the plugin settings in your website dashboard and save settings
It is essential to changes take effect even if you haven't change the settings. If you don't do this, changes will take effect only in 24 hours.
To test if SpamFireWall is working just add /?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 to yorsite name. Example
www.yoursitename.domain/?sfw_test_ip=10.10.10.10 (you must see blocking screen)