Two-Factor Authentication Option
Do you want to make your website harder to hack? If so, the Two-Factor Authentication Option will help you with it.
Your website administrator e-mail address will be used for that. First, check it here:
- WordPress Admin Page —> Users —> Your Administrator Name —> Edit —> Contact Info —> Email
Make sure that everything is correct and activate the option here:
- WordPress Admin Page —> Settings —> Security by CleanTalk —> General Settings —> category "Miscellaneous" —> Two-Factor Authentication for Administrators —> Save Changes.
Next time you log into your website as administrator, you will see the CleanTalk Authorization Window.
When you see such a window, that means your authorization code has been sent to your e-mail and you have 10 minutes to input it.
Important! Your website mail server will send your letters with codes, not the CleanTalk servers! Speed of letters depends on it.
If you want to disable the Two-Factor Authentication Option, go to your CleanTalk Control Panel and do the following:
1. Switch to your Security Dashboard: Menu "Services" —> choose "Site Security".
Direct link: https://cleantalk.org/my?cp_mode=security
2. Find your website and click the link "Settings" under its name.
3. Disable the option "2-Factor Authentication" and click the button "Update".
If it is already disabled then click the button "Update" right away.
Next, wait a few minutes until the CleanTalk servers tell the CleanTalk plugin to disable the option.
Try to log into your website again.
You can ask us any question concerning our plugin via:
— Private Ticket System [ https://cleantalk.org/my/support/open ].
— E-mail [ email@example.com ].