FAQ - work of service
There are a few reasons for this:
- With the indexing of your website by the search systems, appearance of external links and better search results position, your website attracts more and more spambots.
- Non-transparent protection systems that don't have spam attacks statistics, like CAPTCHA or question/answer, don't let you see the whole picture or the picture is incomplete.
- Counting methods for spam attacks and spambots are different for different systems, which explains the diversity. We seek to provide detailed statistics.
To do the test use email firstname.lastname@example.org. Comment/feedback/signup with this email address should not be allowed on the website.
If you think the service has missed a spam bot or improperly filtered visitor to the website, you may notify us via the Anti-spam control panel. To do this,
- Log in to Control panel https://cleantalk.org/my.
- Click on the name of the website.
- Click on the "SPAM/Not SPAM" for the appropriate registration or comment on the website.
We will resolve the issue within a few days of receiving the report, or contact you for further details.
It takes 1-5 minutes to move the website to "Active". If it takes longer, please use email email@example.com at comment/signup form or contact the technical support forum.
You can disable storing of all information in the log excepting the IP. Go to Control Panel->Profile
Mark the option "Do not save approved reguests" and click "Save"
Now only date/time and IP will be kept in the logs.
If you want to block any IP/email and block access to comments/register, just go to Cleantalk Dashboard->Log, find the the necessary request and mark it as "Spam". This IP/email will be added in your personal BlackList.
You can find more information about how it works here: FAQ - Abilities - Block IP/Email.
1. If you see in the logs of the service that you have approved comments, signups or messages from the contact form, but you have not received the notification or cannot find it in the control Panel of the website. Take a look at the log the service on those form fields that were filled in by the user, most likely one or more fields were either not filled or filled incorrectly. In this case, your form of comments gives the visitor an error saying that the form are incomplete and need to repeat data entry.
CleanTalk processes the request before the form, so the query will be displayed in the logs, but in the control Panel of the site this request will not be because the user was unable to send it.
So you always get such messages via CleanTalk, even if the user refused to complete the form again. Perhaps you find that your form of a lot of fields and users are not convenient to fill some of them and remove the extra field that can increase your conversions.
2. For contact forms, and forms for sending of the notification email. Check your Spam folder in your mail, it is possible that the desired message has been moved to the Spam folder by your mail server. To learn more about this question in the search.
Information about the version of the plugin/app in the control panel CleanTalk is taken from his last request to the servers. So after the updates on your website you can just wait for the next registration or comment on the website. The test request can be done by the plugin when you click save settings. It works on following CMS:
The version in the control panel will be updated within 3 minutes after receipt of the request from your site.
CleanTalk logs all requests on your web site, including ones when you test service, so your IP is shown in your anti-spam log, but herewith your IP is not BlackListed. You can always check IP here: https://cleantalk.org/blacklists
If you think that message was blocked wrong, let us know about it.
Test firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com passed protection. What should I do?
Please, make sure that you aren't making a test while you logged as administrator. You should logout, use incognito mode or other browser before testing.
The difference between the number of accepted requests in the reports and the number of real user requests.
If you have noticed the difference in the number of real requests and the number of requests, in report letters, don't worry. The fact that CleanTalk uses a test requests with the address firstname.lastname@example.org to update billing information and tables SpamFireWall on your website. The test requests are performed when you save the plugin settings in the administrative part of almost all CMS.